I am excited with my new Apple Ipad.
Because it has a bigger screen then my Iphone and that makes it interesting,in addition many or almost all of the APP store applications for Iphone will work on it.
Medical applications on Ipad are some of the things that will be keenly looked up to.The larger screen size will be a definite benefit.It will be definitely one the most useful applications in the world of Medicine.It is a great way to read books and journals on the move.The high-resolution, LED-backlit screen displays everything in sharp, rich color, so it’s easy to read, even in low light.
Writing Notes on Ipad is fun!!
With its expansive display and large, onscreen keyboard, iPad makes jotting down notes easy.It is also makes it easier to sync with Iphone.
Calender Scheduling is a very important tool for physicians.
iPad makes it easy to stay on schedule by displaying day, week, month, or list views of your calendar. You can see an overview of a whole month or the details of a single day. iPad even shows multiple calendars at once, so you can manage work and family schedules at the same time.
iPad makes it easy to stay on schedule and display patient notes and also to keep track of patient health.
It’s a half-inch deep and weighs just 1.5 pounds. The screen is about 10 inches on the diagonal. It’s basically a smart notepad.Imagine this in a flip-up case, in every examination room at your clinic.
But,the numerous applications on Iphone,which makes Ipad a killer tool for physicians.In my previous lecture on Medicine 2.0 world,I had talked in brief about how in upcoming years,physicians can move from paper based records to electronic medical records.
Imagine Airstrip application transposed on Ipad!!
AirStrip CRITICAL CARE can greatly reduce and even eliminate time delay in the clinical assessment and treatment of patients. Clinical features include:
- Virtual Views – Remote, virtual real-time monitoring of live cardiac rhythm strips and other waveform data such as pulse oximetry, end tidal CO2 and peak ventilator pressures.
- Strip Zooming – The zoom feature maintains relative size of waveforms and the background grid allows for easy assessment and measurements.
- Automated Caliper – The automated caliper measures designated intervals, both automatically and manually.
- Strip Scrolling – The scroll function allows users to quickly scroll through stored waveform data, such as telemetry strips.
- Patient Data Display – Tidal volume, airway pressure, flow and volume readings are also available in virtual real-time, directly from patient monitors.
Access to typical bedside patient monitoring data is also available including heart rate, respiratory rate, temperature, blood pressure and additional numeric and waveform data captured by the patient monitor.
Image courtesy:Apple Inc.